When developing the Guide, the Center aimed to:
- inform the shareholders, the members of governing and supervisory bodies of Armenian commercial banks, and public in general about the features of corporate governance in banks,
- make publicly available the competencies and responsibilities of bank’s shareholders,
- make the bank’s shareholder aware of the role of the regulatory body in the corporate government framework,
- promote the increase of public confidence in banks,
- stimulate the practical application of corporate governance structures in banks.
The Guide was developed within the USAID’s grant project.